My specialty is dealing with problem behaviour. I currently offer in-home private training, behaviour assessments and puppy temperament tests.
If you’re looking for a group class, send a note to info at canine-chaos.com and I can provide recommendations.
Private training can be very effective in many circumstances.
Some examples where private training could or should be utilized:
For dogs who…
- are too young to start a puppy class
- who are overwhelmed by a group setting
- exhibit problem behaviours only in their home
- exhibit aggressive behaviour towards other dogs or people
For people who…
- want to work on a specific behaviour like come
- who need flexible scheduling
- who want one-on-one attention from the trainer
Private training can take place in your home or any number of locations in the Greater Victoria Area.
Private training is charged at an hourly rate. The current hourly rate is $85 per hour (plus GST).
To book a private training session please fill our our contact form or call 1.250.896.7297
In some instances a behaviour assessment may be required prior to private training sessions.
For more information on behaviour assessments please click here
Are you worried about your dog’s behaviour?
Are you scared of your dog or afraid of what they might do?
Are you having trouble with any of the following?
- Aggression towards people
- Aggression towards other dogs
- Predatory behaviour – chasing cats, livestock, other dogs
- Resource Guarding – does your dog growl at you around the food bowl or if they have a bone or treat?
- Separation Anxiety
- Destructive behaviour
- Excessive Barking
A behaviour assessment is the most effective step to getting to the root of the problem!
I will assess your dog and give you some practical solutions and show you proven training methods to help overcome the challenges you have with your dog.
In many cases further private training sessions will be required to assist with modifying problem behaviours.
Subsequent sessions are billed at my hourly private training rate and may take in your home or out and about in the community.
Assessment – $250 plus GST [typically 1.5hrs]
Hourly private training – $85 per hour (plus GST)
I highly recommend that you check out the free articles on
Suzanne Clothier’s website. They are full of valuable information and
will give you more insight into my training philosophy.
Bones Would Rain from the Sky—Suzanne Clothier
Calming Signals—by Turid Rugaas
Feisty Fido—Patricia McConnell
Help for Your Fearful Dog—Nicole Wilde